Saturday 26 May 2007

Community Tank - Day 25

The CO2 ladder is running well but muppet here has had the lights on for 12 hours a day - the plants do need light but too much does this to the tank - a build up of algae! Not exactly harmfull to the fishies but not a pretty sight (I think you'll agree).


10 minutes later the tank was looking respectable again and I'm glad to say all fishies are present and accounted for :) The lights are now on between 8 and 10 hours a day so this should not happen again (fingers crossed). I'll take another sample of water to the lfs tomorrow and if all is well will get 5 more Glo-light Tetras and 6 Black Phantom Tetras.



Am on holiday now so might have more time to take some pictures of the fish and plants.

4 comments:

talj said...

Well, top pic I see...no fishies :o( However, bottom, clean tank I think I can see 8 fishies (I hope you have 8 or more!).

Am glad they have all managed to keep swimming, even if the view has been a little murky :o( Good to see things are all cleaned up now and am expecting some cool pics from you over the next few weeks :o)

Happy Holidays :o)

RUTH said...

Wish I could clear the algae from my outside pond...the fish have eaten all the oxygenating weed and nowhere near here sells it! Your tank (and fish) look great. Hope the water sample turns out ok. Enjoy your holiday
Rx

Pat said...

Great pics, Andi.

My neighbour just today was telling me that she's got such an algae problem in her little pond outside. She has no idea why.

Gledwood said...

the dandelion like plants at the back... what are they called?

you could have got a borneo sucker to clean that glass!!

don't tell me there is one already maybe it had anorexia