Sunday 13 May 2007

Community Tank - Day 12

Well, its not been a good week in the tank! None of the Cardinal Tetras lasted the week and both myself and lfs don't understand it - the water was fine so we could just put it down to stress. Its never nice to lose fish, even small ones I'd not had time to 'bond' with but even though I do my best to recreate their surroundings I guess its not like home.

Tony (the lfs owner) had ordered some reflectors for my lamps and I nipped over to pick them up today along with 5 more Glo-light Tetras and 6 Black Phantom Tetras. Hopefully all will be well this week (water readings were the same as last week).

The above pic was taken after doing a quick move round of plants, now I just need them to 'grow in' a little before thinking of more plants - the C02 ladder is in full flow now and seems to be helping growth.

Now the new lamps and reflectors are installed I'll try to take a few detailed pics of the tank next week (need to polish the glass first lol). After building up the Tetra community I'll make my decision as to the bigger fish I want to set off the tank.

4 comments:

talj said...

Piranhas!! To eat all the ickle tetras :o) OK...maybe not!

Sorry the cardinals didn't take to your water very well :o( Hopefully all the new fishes will get on better in their new surroundings :o)

It does look very pretty :o) Am not sure I can see any of the fishes but I'm sure once you've polished the glass (does that take as long as polishing the BRC?) then we'll get to play spot the ickle fishes :o)

Gave them a...erm...bit of fish food from me :o)

RUTH said...

Sorry to hear that you lost the Cardinal Tetras...the tank certainly looks a nice place to live and I take it that if the Glo-lights are ok that there is no disease. Better luck next time.
Rx

CG said...

I think I see three fish? Maybe...

it must be so sad when the fish die!

Pat said...

Hi Andi!

So nice to see this blog of yours.

I found cardinal tetras so "iffy"--if they lived or vacated the aquarium. I love them though. So pretty.

Will try to keep in touch with you and your fishes!



My PAD and
Guelph Daily Photo